Friday, May 28, 2010

Tweet This!

Do you tweet?  

If so how do you do it?  Are you using a third party software or are you doing it via the Twitter Website
Me?  I am mad about Tweetdeck.

If you are not using tweetdeck yet, stop, go to The Tweetdeck Website and download it right now.  

If you are using tweetdeck have you updated to the new version?  If not, again, stop and update right now!

The reason I bring this up is because the latest version of tweetdeck is freaking amazing.  There are three new options on this software that I am excited about.  But this update doesn't stop with just three.

The first one is the ability to shorten URL's.  This is a terrific feature.  Instead of jumping over to bit.ly in order to shorten them I can now do it directly from tweetdeck.  I can guarantee I will use this feature every day.

The next new update is the ability to add video and photos directly from tweetdeck.  I have not had enough time to play with this one yet, but you can bet your sweet tweet I will.  The ability to just upload photo's or video offers a value that I have not even begun to explore yet.  

But my favorite new feature is absolutely the ability to schedule my tweets.  Now my reason has nothing to do with the fact that I want to continuously spam the people I communicate daily with.  No, I love this for the ability to schedule sending out blog updates during the day.  

I don't have the luxury of updating my blog regular working hours, but now I can do it at night and schedule them to go out during the day.  In fact when this one hits on Saturday morning you are now privy to the fact that I set the tweet on Friday night.  How cool is that?

What I am excited about is the fact that the way I use twitter has already started to change.  Just since this new update I have already created new lists and the way I filter my information.  I am getting chills just writing this post.  Ok, so I embrace my inner geek.  I am not ashamed.

So here is my recommendation.  If you haven't used tweetdeck yet, try it.  If you are using it and haven't updated yet, update it.  If you have updated and started playing with the new features I would love to hear your feedback on it.  

Come on don't be shy, tell  me what you really think.

2 comments:

Alyson Peterson said...

Kelly, I am so glad we got to meet on twitter. You are all kinds of awesome. I stop in on your blog often and I find it inspires me on rough days to keep going.

Thanks for all you do.

erica m. chapman said...

Hey! I LOVE tweetdeck. I'm a huge fan. I'm a pretty constant twitterer ;o)