Our book club has finally found a name.
Pretty cool huh? I think the vote was pretty much unanimous on the selection. We tossed around a couple of different names but everyone kept coming back to this one. I believe it did have something to with our first book choice. But atlas, I cannot divulge the name until Thursday. In case you missed it, there was a hint buried in that sentence.
Now early on we decided their should be a couple of guidelines. Not rules per say, because we are a gaggle of gals who do not particularly care for rules or rules that pertain to how we conduct ourselves when it comes to the discussions of our book choices. But in this case since we are so scattered all over the country (how cool it that?) guidelines help us do this better.
Pretty simple rules really. Oops, did I say rules.
1. We will select one book per month to read and review.
2. We will take turns picking out the book of the month. (Next up the great Cynthia Reese will be selecting.)
3. We will have a very spirited debate/discussion/love fest via email for a couple of days.
4. Each one of us will post a book review on our blog.
5. The posts go up the third Thursday of the month.
6. Since our posts can be about whatever we want, we will be linking back to each others posts in order to encourage what we hope to be an even broader discussion of our book choices.
The ladies of my fiction faction are pretty cool and you can find direct links to their blogs on my blog roll right here to the left, so if you haven't already, check them out. I promise you won't be disappointed.
Our book club is not closed and un-joinable so if you have a desire to join this band of bookateers all you have to do is say so. The more the merrier. And if your not that's okay too, just stop by on the third Thursday and tell me what you think about whatever book it was that we read.
Are you in a bookclub? Have you ever been? Tell me about it? Do you have any recommendations that will help us make our book club better? Please share.