Tuesday, April 9, 2013

NetGalley...All a girl could want

Are you familiar with NetGalley?

Are you a voracious reader like me?  Than you should know about it.  This is one freaking great website.  (Have I mentioned lately how much I love the internet?)

Once you set up a profile and join the site you can request up and coming new books to read and review.  

This is brilliant.  At least as far as I'm concerned.  

Okay so how does this work?  So glad you asked.  Let me break it down for you.

Do you love to spread the word about new books? Do you review and recommend books online, in print, for your bookstore, library patrons, blog readers, or classroom? Then you are what we call a "professional reader," and NetGalley is for you. Registration is free, and allows you to request digital titles to read on your favorite devices.

When I read the above blurb from NetGalley I knew I wanted in.  And it was just that easy.  But here are couple of things.  You have to be out there telling the word what you think of the books you read and review.  This is important or you may never get selected to read said titles.  

NetGalley is a service to promote and publicize forthcoming titles to readers of influence. If you are a reviewer, blogger, journalist, librarian, bookseller, educator, or in the media, you can use NetGalley for FREE to request and read titles before they are published.

Don't tell me that just didn't make you tummy flutter a little bit?  

So get over to their website and see if this service is something you may be interested in.  And be sure to come back and tell me what you think of it.



1 comment:

Linda G. said...

Netgalley is great!