Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I'm a booklover from way back

Lately I have been reading a lot of books. 

It's cause I love to read.  No, love is too silly a word for that.  It's because I need to read like I need the air to breathe.  Reading really does sustain me. 

This has led to me being more interactive on Goodreads where I like to star the books I have finished  

And since I have become somewhat of a reading savant (It's my dream, let me live it) I have decided to focus my blog on what I am reading and writing.  Don't worry friends every once in a while I promise to sprinkle in some of my everyday life to keep you entertained, and probably humiliate myself in the process, but I really want to focus on reviews and sharing what I'm writing.

So here's how it's going to work.  I will be reviewing books and sharing my opinions.  I will also post said reviews on Goodreads.  Yes, I am still on Goodreads for the time being.  I'm waiting for them to get the new Riffle site up and running.  If you haven't requested your invite you can do it here.  http://www.rifflebooks.com/ 

I am hoping that it becomes an unbiased book reading site especially now that Amazon has purchased Goodreads.  Some of you may disagree with me on that, and don't get me wrong, I'm still on Goodreads, but it bothers me that Amazon wants to own a book review website.  We need to have places where we can go to review books honestly with out concern that those reviews will be deleted if they are not helping the largest online book seller sell said books.  

Soapbox rant complete.

I will NOT be reviewing books here that I don't like.  I plan to still post my ratings on the book sites with one or two stars, but I am not going to trash any authors.  I think if you don't have anything nice to say you should keep your mouth shut.  I don't want to be a book basher.  For me it's enough to rate the book with one or two stars because, let's face it, there is no way I like or even love everything I read.

I have a lot of respect for authors as a species.  They are truly brave souls.  It takes a tremendous amount of courage to put yourself out there as a writer.  Not so much as a reader.  

Don't worry Flickster Friday probably won't be going anywhere either.  I still dig sharing upcoming flicks with you guys as well as what I think of the films I am watching.

So sit back and enjoy.  

Also, book recommendations are always welcome as is my willingness to review about to be released works.  

Happy Reading.     


2 comments:

Linda G. said...

I'm like you -- I won't review any book I don't like on my blog. I just can't see going out of my way to bash another writer. *shrug*

Unknown said...

My reviewing theory is that if I can't find at least three things I liked about a book, I won't review it on my blog (although, I have been known to rant about it to my friends).

I think that if you haven't read BETWEEN SHADES OF GRAY by Ruta Sepatys (don't think i spelled her last name right) you definitely should. I read it more than two years ago and I'm still raving about it to people. but beware, it'll make you feel FEELINGS you didn't even know you were capable of feeling. #justsayin