Monday, October 17, 2011

A whole lot of nothing

I'm late.  I'm late for a very important date. 

That is all that kept going through my head this morning as I woke up and realized that I didn't have my blog posting done for today. 

Scandalous.

In my defense...er...what defense.  I simply forgot.  I was really caught up in some reading last night and before I knew it bedtime arrived.  And while you guys don't know this, Kelly needs her eight hours of sleep each night to function like a normal person.  Or as close to normal as I get.

So I jumped out of bed, bright and semi-early to get to my computer to get this done.  (See how much you guys mean to me.)  Unfortunately, I don't have anything brilliant to say, mainly because today is going to be about the cleaning out the tornado ravaged office  I am currently occupying.  Yes, I was supposed to get this done yesterday, but Sunday is a day of rest.  Even God got a day off, so I figured I was due.  What I neglected to take into account was how depressing it is to start your day in such ruination.  I have no one to blame but myself.  By the way in case you missed it, that Tornado was named Kelly. 

Plus, let's face it, I don't really ever have anything brilliant to say.  Those delusions of grandeur are all mine baby.  But I promise this week will be a week of good things. 

I will update you guys on my ongoing weight loss.  Yes, it is ONGOING, so I am glad about that.  There's also a book review coming up.  I'm pretty excited because our book club is going to have a conference call with the author of said book tomorrow evening.  I will be live tweeting our discussion, so check that out.

What are you guys reading right now.  Go!

PS:  My pics not a tornado, it's a waterspout, which really is just a tornado on water.  But since I live in a place where these are more common than tornado's I selected this one for my illustration.  Although now I just feel silly explaining since you guys probably figured that out all by yourselves.








3 comments:

cnelady said...

I am reading Carol Burnett's "This Time Together". Quick short funny tales of her life.

abby mumford said...

we appreciate you thinking of us!

good luck with your ongoing :) weight loss.

also, that's an awesomely scary picture.

Jeffe Kennedy said...

Waterspouts are way more super cool than tornadoes. Go girl on the weight loss!