Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sucker...still after all these years.

This weekend we spent our holiday a little different than usual.  Oh we still had the Memorial Day celebration, because no way was I missing out on that tradition.

Saturday and Sunday was spent dismantling our house.

We are putting wood floors in the living room and the hallway.  In order to do this we had to move all the furniture into different areas of the house and rip up the carpeting.

I need to back up a little bit here and give you some of the back story.  Captain Kid and I are into our nineteenth year of our happy ever after and we retired the weekend warrior mentality after a kitchen tiling project that went terribly wrong.

That being said, I am not sure how I got suckered into another weekend project that has now spanned into it's fourth week.

I was serious when I said I was done with these types of jobs.

I was serious when I said it was worth it to pay the professionals to do it.

I was serious when I said death may result if we attempted any more home improvement projects.

But do I remember any of those things when he looks at me with those killer blue eyes?  Do I remember when he purrs through that "I have a secret to share with you" grin?  And did I mention his dimples?  He has three, two on each side and one in the chin.  Do I remember when he promises, cross my heart and hope to die promises?  And lets not forget his famous last words; "you won't have to do a thing"?  

Of course not and do you want to know why?

Because I am a sucker.

The biggest sucker.  And he knows it.

But I will gladly take one for the team because, putting aside all his super anal tendencies when he does a job he does it well.  Not just well, but better than the pro's.  He is obsessive compulsive that way.

On the bright side the floors are going to look amazingly spectacular when we are done, if we ever get to done, and I mean this, if we don't kill each other first.

Wish me luck.  Or him.  One of us is going to need it.

No comments: