Friday, June 4, 2010

Boys Comparing the Size of their Wood

As you know we are installing a new floor, what you didn't know was that my totally terrific brother-in-law flew down from Michigan to help with the installation.  (Yes ladies and gentlemen, he is one in a million.)  This worked well for me because The Floor Nazi was driving me crazy.

What I never realized is how exactly alike the two brothers actually are.  Gestures, favorite sayings, how they do the same job.  There is a nine year age difference between them, but besides that, they really could be twins.  

Captain Kid on the left and Future Daddy on the right
My sister-in-law and I were thrown back in time as we watched them try to one up each other and tease one another about how badly the other sucked.  They cracked each other with dumb jokes and sounds that I didn't even know a body could make and although they were working their butts off had a great time bonding together.
I heard things like, "Don't touch my wood."  Followed by hysterical giggles.  "Bob Vila eat this."  I don't know what they wanted him to eat.  "Bet my wood is bigger than yours."  And believe me when I tell you it went on and on.

I will be the first to tell you I don't get all of the jokes, and quite frankly, don't want to.  But it did warm my heart to see my husband spend some quality time with his little brother. 

This little brother in particular is going to be a Daddy in August.  He is very responsible and loving and I have faith that he will be a great one, at least I am positive on that score until these two get together and let their inner ten year old's loose.

The floor is coming along nicely and the best part is I don't have to do it.  Okay, that was a joke, sort of.  No, the best part really is that while I don't have to do it, I have the knowledge that my husband is getting to spend the next five days with one of his favorite people.  And I am getting a new wood floor out of the deal.

And at the end of the day, I guess it was worth not paying the pro's to do the installation after all.

But if you tell him I said it I will flat out deny it.

No comments: