This weekend we got a cold snap.
Thank you Mother Nature. Winter has been kind to us here in the warm state of Florida, but sometimes a girl just wants to make some soup.
This is for all of you who asked for it.
Angie's Loaded Baked Potato Soup
1 pound of bacon, chopped
1 large yellow onion, diced
3 large carrots peeled and diced
1 whole batch of celery, diced
6 large russet potato's, diced.(I used large baking potato's here so you may need more.)
8 medium red potato's, diced.
4 cups chicken broth
4 cups heavy cream.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Green onions, reserved bacon bits, sour cream, cheddar cheese, croutons, and whatever else you may like on your baked potato.
1. In a 6 - 8 quart stockpot fry bacon until crisp over medium heat.
2. Remove bacon to paper towels to drain and add onions, carrots and celery to bacon drippings season and cook until onions are translucent.
3. Add potatoes and cook for 4 - 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
4. Add stock and lower heat to simmer until potatoes are soft about 25 minutes.
4. Add cream. You can mash some of the potatoes to make it creamier. If it is too think add water to thin it out.
Season to taste and garnish with your choice of topping. Enjoy.
Kelly's Cooking Tip: This soup is more delish the second day, but don't be put off. It's fantastic anytime.
If you decide to try it; let me know how it turns out.