Thursday, September 15, 2011

If you'r not here in 15 minutes, you can find a new best friend.

Last night after everything finally quieted down and I was all done with my awesome massage (Thank you Tommy!) I decided I was in the mood to be carried away and since there is not a grain of Calgon in this house I decided to use movies as my escape.

They are really good for this.  And really good for me.  Especially when you pick movies from your childhood.  The ones that take you back to a time and place that you remember with sweet nostalgia.  By the way if I ever invent a perfume that is what I am going to call it.  Sweet Nostalgia.  Hello, Sweet Honesty has already been spoken for. 

So last night, after my exhausting day was finally over, I snuggled up with the Captain and we zipped back to the 80's through a few of our favorite flicks.  By the time we had worked through two of them we were both mellow and relaxed.  It was just the kind of evening everyone needs to reset their clocks.  We each selected one of our favs and laughed ourselves silly.  Something that has been sorely lacking in our house this week. 

As you can tell by the photos I uploaded we settled on Caddyshack and Ferris Bueller's Day Off.   If it had been up to you and yours to select for us, which two movies would we have been watching?  Enquiring minds want to know!


4 comments:

Linda G. said...

Galaxy Quest and The Princess Bride.

Though I like your selection, too.

Patty Blount said...

Airplane!

Young Frankenstein

abby mumford said...

While You Were Sleeping

Airplane!

Unknown said...

Breakfast Club
Cant Buy Me Love
Sixteen Candles...I could go on and on and on.
John Hughes = GENIUS