Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Something to look forward to

Summer is in full swing here in the Breakey house.  For that I am extremely grateful, something I spend the rest of the year looking forward to.

I love getting up in the morning and having my first sips of caffeine by the pool.  Sorry, no, that's not coffee of which I speak.  For me its a ice cold glass of coke zero first thing in the morning.  

Today as I write this I am watching a couple of birds in play.  They are chasing each other across the yard.  Swooping and chattering.  Which of course sets Charlie off who is positioned like a sentry by the sliding back door.  He is warning them in his morse code kitty chatter that he is going to get them. 

The breeze is blowing and the air smells fresh and clean from the quick summer storm that blew through last night after dinner.  The grass is showing its appreciation for the rain, and my little herb garden is looking pretty healthy, which is extremely pleasing since I normally make the plants at Lowe's wilt just by walking past them.  I think they smell my fear and act accordingly.  It's either that or they see my thumb is black and they know, they know, if they come home with me they are facing certain death.

So now I am heading in for work.  But I will be back at lunchtime, and that is something to look forward to.

2 comments:

Patty Blount said...

It's scary how much we have in common. I kill plants just by thinking about buying them. And I also do not drink coffee.

abby mumford said...

i love the visual of a quiet morning by the pool...and that once the caffeine has been consumed, all you have to do is turn around and walk inside to begin work.

why yes, i am a little bit jealous. :)