Monday, October 11, 2010

Bones...I got one to pick

I am a huge Bones Fan.  This is one of two TV shows that I refuse to miss.  Thank you DVR!

That being said, I am having a hard time with this new season.  Last May Season 5 ended with Dr. Brennan leaving the Jeffersonian to pursue some old bones in Indonesia and Booth was called back to duty in Afghanistan by Uncle Sam.  The emotionally charged season finale left viewers waiting on the edge of their seats for the next season.  Okay, it left this viewer waiting on the edge of her seat for the next season.

Finally at the end of September my wait came to an end.

So what did they do?  They went and had Booth fall in love *gasp* with somebody else?  

Okay, I get it.  He was overseas in a war zone and she is hot in a Dessert Barbie kind of way.  But how did he just stop loving Dr. Brennan?  Because lets face it we all know or knew that he did.  In fact Dr. Brennan was the only one who didn't seem to know that Booth's heart was hers but for the taking. 

The only way these writers are going to get me back on their side is if I start to see Booth torn between the woman he is with and the one his heart wants him to be with.  AKA Dr. Brennan. 

Originally I found the idea of a love interest for Booth quite acceptable.  But to say that he is in love with her?  No, I have to draw the line there. 

Is it wrong for me to be this emotional about a story line?  My husband certainly thinks so.  He became especially distraught when I started throwing popcorn at the TV while I watched the latest episode.  Although, I think it had more to do with popcorn hitting his television than with my actual mindset concerning two of my beloved characters.  He does like to point out that it is only a TV show after all.

It's not like I don't want him to be happy, but in true love story fashion I think he should want to miserable with Brennan than be happy with someone else. 

Come on people!  Who is with me on this?  I am thinking of starting a petition.  Or maybe just a seriously angry twitter stream.  I have to think on this a little more.

In closing I just want to know which show does or did it for you?  Which ones are/were the quintessential romantic characters on that TV show you are/were hooked on.  Maybe I will find a new must see.

9 comments:

Linda G. said...

I'm with you on this one. I fear Bones has jumped the shark. :(

Unknown said...

This is where I admit to having never seen Bones **cringes against the onslaught of rotten vegetables Kelly and Linda throw at me** But, I do hear you on the whole issue of the love line...

My fave show is Supernatural. It's about two brothers so the love is not at all romantic(that would be just wrong...not to mention just plain icky) but this season has me scratching my head because of the abrupt change in personality of both the main characters. And then, of course, I'm still on the whole "Bring back the dad, because we need our John Wincester(Jeffrey Dean Morgan) fix! LOL

Unknown said...

I don't watch Bones regularly, but I totally get your point. I think you feel betrayed by the writers. They set you up to see the two as perfect together and whammo, he finds someone else. I get pissed off like that at Grey's Anatomy. Last season I had to watch it when no one was around so I could rant at the TV.

I hope Booth comes to his senses.

Patty Blount said...

I'm with Karla; my sons hooked me on Supernatural and this season, one of the brothers has reunited with an old love interest.

I want him to be happy! I want him to be IN LOVE! Why is this so hard for TV shows?

As a die hard X-Phile, I waited for Mulder and SCully to see the light and was completely let down. Even when Scully had a baby, it was never clear if it was Mulder's. GAH! I have the series on DVD except for that season.

Candyland said...

OMG I'm SO with you! I wan him to be with her, however strange their relationship is. I don't want another girl in the picture. It makes me mad.

Julie Weathers said...

Mal and Inara on Firefly. Best romantic tension ever.

Alyson Peterson said...

I hear ya sistah! Desert Barbie is too perfect, it's irritating. My thought is that she'll miss the adrenaline rush of being out in the war zones and go back to it. Or at least... that is what I am HOPING with all my fingers and toes crossed.

Unknown said...

I hear you, but I'm not sure Bones will ever crack and admit she loves Booth without some serious competition to show her how much he means to her and what she threw away by keeping him at arm's length. "Desert Barbie." I love that.

Kelly Breakey said...

Thank you everyone. It is nice to know that all of you agree with me on this point. I am just hoping whoever are the powers that be get their stuff in gear and get the right romance back on track.