Monday, March 28, 2011

2nd Port...St. Maarten

What was really cool about our second day in port was we arrived in St. Maarten on the Dutch (Netherlands) side and took a bus to St. Martin (yes it really is a different spelling for the French side.) in France.  We visited two separate countries via one bus ride.  It was pretty cool.

I enjoyed the bus ride, it made me think of what I expect the French countryside would look like if we were to ever visit France.

Our excursion for this stop was called the Sea and See tour.  It was a boat that was part submersible submarine and part pontoon boat.  The water was gorgeous, and we there was this soft wind blowing that just made your bones almost liquefy.

Okay, enough, just check out the pictures.

This is on the bus ride to the tour.  This was the French side of the island.
 This was a picture from the boat tour we were taking.  We were on our way to a reef about 2 miles off the beach.
This is another shot of the water.  It was so beautiful here.  The water looked like silk and the air was so balmy and fragrant.  So lovely.
I took this pic from the submarine part of the boat.  How cool that we got this close to the turtles.  We also saw a sting-ray.  I was so blow away by it I missed getting the picture.


Here is a shot of the ship were on.  Yes, you can see our room from this picture.

Overall this stop was pretty terrific.  It wasn't my favorite by a long shot, but I did enjoy the time I got to spend on the island.


3 comments:

Linda G. said...

Wowzers! Seriously, these pictures are fantastic! You should blow them up and frame them.

abby mumford said...

that picture of the turtle could totally be a post card! so gorgeous!

Susie Kline said...

Again, scratch your eyes out jealous! I love the turtle picture! You are so lucky!

Xo susie