Thursday, December 1, 2011

It's beginning to feel somewhat like Christmas

Today is December 1.  Can you believe it?  Yeah, me either.

We have a lot going on this month and not just Christmas.  Although it would be nice if we could just concentrate on the holiday, we can't.  There are a ton of birthday's this month we have to celebrate including the Captain's.  Two sister-in-law's, one sister, one niece, three friends and of course the big Kahunas, which falls on the 23rd of the month.

Most of my decorating is done in the  house.  I know, I know, I am an over achiever.  This year I limited myself to four Christmas trees.  In my defense...oh, who am I kidding.  I have no defense other than to say that I love this time of year and this holiday. 

We aren't going to visit any family this year.  The Captain and I are going to go it alone.  But not really.  We will be spending Christmas Day having dinner with some of our friends here. 

Last year when we were making the trek to Michigan to visit with my husbands little brothers we had a stop over in Indiana.  I don't remember the name of the place only that the lady at the restaurant where we stopped pointed out the John Mellencamp was from there.  While were there I found a blue Christmas tree.  It's artificial (I guess the fact that it's blue kind of gave that away, right?) and I have waited a whole year to put it up.  

You can see it here.  It makes me smile in joy just to look at it.  Maybe I should have put some sort of sappy warning on this post, just to give you guys a heads up.  Isn't she a beauty?  Today the Christmas music goes on and tomorrow we put the lights up outside and I promise to share some video with you guys on how that turns out. 

In the meantime...have a great day!  Let's get this holiday season kicked off right.  This song always gets me into the Christmas spirit.  Hey!  Don't judge. 








1 comment:

Linda G. said...

Only four trees? Don't you have room for one in the bathroom? ;)