Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hey, Phil...don't look now, no really don't look.

Today is the day that we wait for that lovable Punxsutawney Phil to make his appearance and let us know if winter will soon be over.  

Me, I am hoping Phil doesn't see his shadow.  I am wanting summer to get here sooner, rather than later.  Me and the Captain are starting to exhibit signs of  boating withdrawal, and let me tell you that can get pretty ugly.

So here is what I want to know.  If it is cloudy when Phil emerges and he doesn't see his shadow than summer is coming sooner.  But if he does see his shadow, he will go back to his burrow and we have six more weeks of winter.  Isn't that backwards.  Phil's been stuck underground for all this time.  Wouldn't you think he would be looking forward to getting out and socializing or at the very least just stretching his legs?  Of course I am not a groundhog, so what do I know? 

A bit of trivia that I thought you guys would all want to know, Groundhog Day is one of my favorite films.  Cracks me up each and every time I watch it, plus its a tradition for the Captain and I to dust off our copy and watch it yearly, whether Phil sees his shadow or not.  

We have a couple of friends over, make up my "Groundhog Inspired Chili", throw together some Groundhog punch, which is eerily similar to my awesome Margarita's.  I also put together a platter with pretzels, nuts and smoked sausage; well you guys get the picture.  We make an evening out of it and and have a great time too.

So from me and mine to you and yours...Happy Groundhog Day!

Just in case you are wanting some more information regarding Groundhog day, you can check out the official website right here.  So tell me, how are you going to be spending your Groundhog day?  If you don't have any plans, your always welcome to come and join our party.

3 comments:

Linda G. said...

I love Groundhog Day too -- it's one of my favorite Bill Murray movies.

All I can say is, that dang Phil better not see his shadow today, or my boy Punxsutawney Rambo will take him out. ;)

Laura Pauling said...

There will definitely be no groundhogs poking their noses with 4 feet of snow on the ground! :)

abby mumford said...

don't hate me for saying this, but i've never seen groundhog day. and now, after hearing about your party, i don't think i want to see it unless i'm in attendance at your party.

p.s. your groundhog day punch comment still has me giggling.