Thursday, January 27, 2011

Times...they are a changing.

For those of you who didn't know I am in the middle of a move.  Not personal, but a business move.  

It has been a little disconcerting and tomorrow will be the first day that I get to spend in my newly outfitted home office.  No more rushing off to move this or get that turned off.  No more driving forty-five minutes across town in rush hour to get to the office by 7:30.  No more eating out at lunchtime, okay, I didn't really do that all that often, but it was nice knowing I could if I wanted to.

Now I have a twenty second commute.  Can I just say there is joy in those words for me.  I don't have to put on make-up, unless I want to.  I can forgo the bra-gasp-if I want to.  I probably won't, because lets face it, the girls just aren't as perky as they used to be, but I like knowing I now have that choice.  Breakfast is something I will actually have time for in the mornings, and I can even have it with the Captain if I choose.  

This change is something I have been dreading, but I decided that I needed to back into it from a different angle.  Instead of dread I am embracing.  I hope that it turns out to be better than I expected, and that I don't go crazy in the interim.  I am not a social butterfly, but I always enjoyed the easy camaraderie I shared with my co-workers.  I still have them, they are just scattered to our Arizona office now.  

So the winds of change have been blowing for me since the beginning of the month, but thankfully the hurricane force winds are just now starting to die down.  I hope this means I have weathered the storm and not just that the eye has moved overhead.  Only time will tell.  

On a brighter note, today is Thursday so that means Karla is up with her next installment of Fun and Games.  Make sure you check it out here.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think this will be a good thing. Like you said, embrace the change. Although, now, you'll have to make a concerted effort to socialize.

abby mumford said...

look at it this way, all that time you save on commuting to work can be spend on socializing with your now far away coworkers.

congrats on the new adventure!

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss kelly! wow you could do work from out of your house and you got your very own office. how cool is that! id be in my jammies all day for sure. ha ha. change is pretty hard stuff but your gonna be just real ok and now you could have lots more time for doing some fun stuff with your friends and the captain. its gonna be just real good!
...hugs from lenny

Candyland said...

Change is a good thing. You will shine (how's that for positivity)...

Jeffe Kennedy said...

Congratulations and good luck! I did do a blog post a bit ago on tips for working from home, but I think you missed it. You'll figure it out.