Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The one where we have cake...

Today is my 100th blog entry.

Wow!  I can't believe I started this blog only this past April and now here I am writing my 100th post.  I thought this most auspicious occasions was worthy of cake.  So there it is.  Cake.

I was going through some of the my earlier entries and had myself laughing last night about some of the things I have actually posted on this site.  I guess at the time they seemed like a good idea.

To date my hardest entry was undoubtedly yesterday's post where I shared with you guys a snippet of my writing.  (First off I want to apologize for the grammatical errors that I did not catch before posting.  I was a little nervous.  At least that is the story I am sticking to.) Right now I am not sure why I was so freaked out to do it, but there it is.  I wrote the post the night before it was due to go up and scheduled it so I could not chicken out.

You would think that would have been the end of it, but no.  I made quite a few forays into my office during the evening and late into the night trying to decide if I should post it.  With my hand hovering on the mouse and the mouse skirting around the delete key, I made myself a nervous wreck.  Now that I have done it, I am kind of disgusted with myself.  What was the big hairy freakin' deal?  Besides the fact that I am a total wuss.

I didn't send out a book to be critiqued.  I sent out a few paragraphs and while everyone was so wonderful in their support, there wasn't enough there to really see what I am made of.  Putting out a few paragraph's is completely different then submitting a piece of work for feedback or acceptance.  So while I do not have anything near ready to be read by an agent, I am going to continue with the Teaser Tuesday's.  

I am also going to finish the WIP I have currently been slaving over and get it ready for the beta readers.  Yes, I am going to take a chance.  

So wish my luck.

And to all you who stop by on a regular basis whether you comment or not, I really do appreciate you.  So thanks!

5 comments:

Linda G. said...

Congratulations on your 100th! :)

I'll be looking forward to your future Teaser Tuesdays.

[Word verification: clazz. Is that like class, but with more pizazz?]

Candyland said...

YAY! Congrats, friend! Here's to a zillion more...

abby mumford said...

100 posts! congratulations! and would you look at that? you now have a regular feature -- teaser tuesday. i approve!

p.s. that cake is so pretty, i don't even want to eat it. i mean, i wouldn't want to eat it if it was real and sitting on the table in front of me.

Jamie D. said...

Congrats on your 100th post! And thanks for the Teaser...great excerpt, really. :-)

Anytime you need courage to post your work, head over and check out my serial novel on the blog. It's always in draft form, so there are always errors (I edit only for spelling, and sometimes miss that too). Should make you feel better about posting a couple paragraphs here and there. If I can, you can. ;-)

Here's to 100 more!

Jessica Bell said...

Oh my gosh I didn't even realise those were cakes until you mentioned that they were! HAppy Hundreth post! Congrats! And GOOD LUCK!!!