Tuesday, November 29, 2011

When scratching just isn't enough

My husband is the funniest guy I know.  But his humor is very understated and sometimes dry.  To know his is to love him.

The Captain had his yearly check up the other day.   He has a new family practitioner because his long time doc retired.  This new doctor is young and so far, so good.  But he doesn't seem to appreciate the Captains humor as much as the last doctor did.

While in the middle of his exam he asked, "Are you doing self scrotum checks?"

My husband rubbed his chin and with a twinkle in his eye replied, "Well every once in a while I have a scratch.  Does that count?"

Doc didn't even crack a smile.  Me.  I rolled out of my chair laughing.

Maybe you just had to be there.

2 comments:

cnelady said...

OK, I need to quit reading this at work in the am and wait until the nighttime. I am holding in the laughter. Holding in laughter is bad for your health. Your website needs a warning. "Laughter is inevitable"

Alyson Peterson said...

That. Is. HILARIOUS! Love it! The new doc needs a funny bone replacement.