Monday, December 6, 2010

Nope, its not starting to feel anything like Christmas

Saturday we spent winterizing the boat.  It is never a fun or an easy task.  Okay, in all fairness, for me it is just boring.  The Captain does all the work.  I just stand around waiting for some direction from him on what he needs me to do.  Thankfully, this year I took my kindle and read in between the "Honey can you put this in the truck." and "Babe, I need you to..."

It's always a sad day for us when we winterize the boat because we know this means we are definitely not going back out on it until we un-winterize it and that is another job that pretty much takes all day.  

My husband is meticulous when it comes to the boat or his truck.  He has a list of all of the things that has to be done for the winterizing process.  We follow the list accordingly.  This year it turned out to be a good thing.  We did not get the head pumped out.  For those of you that don't speak Navy, head is the word used for ladies room.  Now, personally I think ladies room sounds a whole lot better, but I didn't make the rules for the Navy.

When he realized this he got very excited because our Marina does not offer this service so it meant we had to take a boat ride to have this done.  He hadn't done anything that would preclude us from doing that so we packed everything up and had them put her in the water.  This was the first time I had been back on the water since October.  If you recall the Captain and our good friends got to go out Thanksgiving week but I was stuck at work.  So this was a real treat, except for the whole, freezing my ass off thing.  It was cold.

But it was worth it and I got to marvel at the fact that it was December 4 and I was boating.  I think I even got a little sunburned.  The Captain says it is more of a windburn, but I am choosing to believe it's from the sun.  We also got to see a couple of dolphins.  I believe it was a baby and its Mama.  They lift your spirits in such a way, its like the church for boaters.  

So today I am rested and ready to face this week.  Another week which looks to be as draining and stressful as last.  But I had a fabulous weekend!  What did you do?


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I spent the entire weekend baking. If I never see another cookie again, it'll be too soon. Yeah, I'm lying there. This time next year, I'll be complaining about the sheer amount of cookies I made. It's a vicious cycle :)

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss kelly! wow sounds like you love that boating stuff. im just real happy you got to go another time and yikes you even got a sun burn. i love the water to. it was cool you saw that mom and baby dolphin. i been swimming with those wild dolphins and its soooo cool how they could like playing with you. for me this week was school and a surprise test. ack! we watched lots of football for the weekend. i cant wait for santa to get here. :)
...hugs from lenny

Linda G. said...

Glad you got to take the boat out one last time for the season. :)

I spent the weekend doing the mundane: shopping, laundry, etc. So much fun. I think I'd rather empty a head. ;)

Patty Blount said...

What fun! I spent this w/e with a friend I rarely see anymore. It too was wonderful.

abby mumford said...

gotta love when you can sneak in one last boat ride. fun surprise!

i spent the weekend DRIVING. at least, that's what it felt like. another trip down the east coast to NJ, philly, and back up to boston. phew. i am NOT relaxed and rested....

MOLLYC said...

I couldn't concentrate on the boat, because your husband is so handsome. molly