Thursday, July 29, 2010

I was Abducted by Aliens: That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Yesterday it came to my attention that I am a technology addict.  

No, seriously.  Friends and family have staged interventions over the years and if there were a twelve step program they would have tried to force me into it.  

I don't believe that I do have a problem.  Besides, it's not like I have ever hurt anyone.  And I can quit anytime I want too!

Okay so what, I have been coveting the iPad for, well since they came out.  Yesterday at dinner with one of my besties, who brought hers for no apparent reason other than to torture me (of this I am convinced) I had the opportunity to get up close and personal with one.

It was love at first site, cheesy music in the background and all.  It was so pretty and the speed and agility in which it moved (sigh) it was pure poetry in motion.  The different applications had me drooling and foaming at the mouth, or wait, was that the wine?  Anyway, after the first hour at the restaurant in which we had done no more than order drinks, I found myself suddenly thrust into a bright light.

The rest of the evening remains a mystery to me.  There was some prodding and poking.  Voices speaking to me in hushed whispers, telling me I must go and buy one.  I tried explaining that this was not a good idea.  For one the air conditioner still needs work and we had to fix the truck this week, but they were persistent. 

I heard things like; "eighteen months same as cash" and "you won't be sorry".  "Look how this can help you with work" and "tweetdeck works the same from the iPad as it does from your laptop."  I don't know if it was hours or days, but when I finally came back to myself I was sitting outside of Best Buy clutching a blue bag to my chest with a brand new iPad tucked inside.

It wasn't my fault...I swear it.  Can I help it if I was abducted by aliens and held against my will until I agreed to the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page I was FORCED to sign?  

What, you don't believe me?  Captain Kid didn't either.

6 comments:

Patty Blount said...

I am SO jealous. I got a Kindle for Christmas so I MUST resist the iPad for a few years.

Linda G. said...

So pretty! I want!

Alas, it is not in my immediate future. I will just have to enjoy yours vicariously, the way I do your husband. (For his BAKING ability! Sheesh. Get your mind out of the gutter.)

Elizabeth Flora Ross said...

My hubby is also addicted. To gadgets. Must have the latest and greatest. Just bought himself an iPad for his birthday, even though we have two MacBooks and two iPhones. He just "had" to have it. And this was the longest he'd ever waited to buy a new gadget. Usually, he has to be one of the first to have something. Makes me crazy! LOL

Elizabeth Ryann said...

Ooh... it's so pretty... And I LOVE the background picture you chose!

Sometimes my BFF lets me play with hers, but it's not the same.

Unknown said...

*is jealous* I so want one! *knocks Kelly down and takes hers...runs away** :)

Anonymous said...

[url=http://vtyupdr.com]TiDKzJVrdZd[/url] - xyabmEJ - http://pyfnknfrtw.com