Wednesday, February 27, 2013

SEND by Patty Blount

Send...

Book description as per Amazon...
 
It's been five years since I clicked Send.
Four years since I got out of juvie.
Three months since I changed my name.
Two minutes since I met Julie.
A second to change my life.

All Dan wants for his senior year is to be invisible.  This is his last chance at a semi-normal life.  Nobody here knows who he is.  Or what he's done.  But on his first day at school, instead of turning away like everyone else, Dan breaks up a fight.  Because Dan knows what it's like to be terrorized by a bully - he used to be one.

Now the whole school thinks he's some kind of hero-except Julie.  She looks at him like she knows he has a secret.  Like she know his name really isn't Daniel.

Okay, I may be a little biased but I really loved this book.  I think Patty doesn't something with the study of bullying as seen through the eyes of the bully.  This is such a hot topic of debate right now, as it should be, and she handles it brilliantly.  Dan is still just a kid.  Sometimes self-deprecating, but always honest with himself.  Something he learned the hard way.

You can read my Amazon review here.

One of Patty's good friend's even created a video for the book, which you can check out below. 



Did you read it?  If so, did you love it?  Tell me, I want to hear what you think.

  
  



      

No comments: