Monday, April 26, 2010

Me VS My New Trikke

Ok, so for those of you who didn't know, I received a T8 Trikke one week ago today.  It was an early birthday gift from my husband. Early because I wanted it before summer really kicked in and my birthday is not until July.


After three years of research I thought I knew exactly what I wanted but my husband, who is a pretty smart guy, told me I should find a store and see the Trikke up close in person before we bought, just in case.  I agreed and then went about finding a local store that sold said Trikke.


I was pretty sure I wanted a T78 Air and I was also pretty sure I wanted a pink one. (Hey I am girlie girl, what did you expect?) Anyway, once we got to the store we met the owner, Barry, who turned out to be this guy who should be teaching customer service seminars somewhere because quite honestly, he was that good. 


He pulled out about five different models for me to try out.  He insisted that I wear a helmet, of course that was after I signed the liability waiver.  He demonstrated each trikke and talked about the pro's and con's of each one. He was very clear to emphasize that is was just his opinion, but I was impressed. He knew his trikke!


After three hours of much debate and trial I decided on the T8.  My husband who insisted we were only getting one for me decided on a T8 as well.  Happy Birthday to you too sweetheart.  


After our purchase we rushed home to try out these new fangled contraptions and it became apparent pretty quickly that neither one of us really knew what we were doing. Although, he caught on a lot quicker than I did.


So here I am a week later and while I am closer to obtaining balance on my new trikke it is still kicking my butt just a little bit.  In fact, last time I looked the score was Trikke 5, Kelly 0.

No comments: