Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Ceilings are totally over-rated

Life looks pretty good from the front of a convertible two-seater.


Not familiar with what I am talking about?

Let me show you.

I have had Sheldon since July.  This years birthday present.  You're right, I am a special girl.

Anyway, what I have learned since I started driving a convertible is that I had no idea what I really wanted to begin with.  And by that I mean... a convertible.

I have already logged over sixty hours with the top down.  Any chance I get, that top goes down.  I have never enjoyed driving to and from work as much as I do now.

It's not just the commute to work, its all the other drives I get to make as well.

For example last week we had a girls night.  Yes, that was lovely.  But even more so, the drive home was AMAZING.  I had the setting sun to my back as I traveled west from Spanish Fort.  The rainbow of pinks, purples and blues had me catching my breath and looking back quite often.

There is something poetic if you will, traveling in the dark with nothing over your head but night sky.   Night sky and a sparkling new moon.  It was literally the easiest hour I spent the entire week.  It's also amazing to me how the sky looks different each and every day.  No two days have been alike since I started driving a convertible.  How is it I never noticed it before?  

Yeah, I don't know either, but one thing I am sure of.  I will always drive a convertible.  

Promise.

No comments: