Friday, April 14, 2017

My Pre-Bucket List

Today is Friday and as the week waned for me I found my foolish heart desperately awaiting Friday. Not because I hate the rest of the days of the week.  Not by a long shot.  I am one of those deliciously lucky people who really love what I do.

I'll stop bragging.

But I have recently come to the realization that I do not have enough hours in the day to pursue all of the things I have a passion for.  As the days fly by and time continues to pass, I don't regret the path I have followed, I just wish I had more time.  

I guess that is something that we all start to yearn for, but only as youth fades.  I don't ever remember thinking in my twenties or thirties that I didn't have enough time.  In fact, time was something that never popped up on my radar.  It is only now, as I look to the late fall of my time here, that I wish I had done so much more with my summer.

To that end I have decided to not wait until the dawning of the new year to make change, I am going to do it now.  

Here are the top ten things I want to get complete in the next five years.  This is by no means my bucket list, lets call it my pre-bucket list or better yet, my fuck it list.


  1. Travel over-seas, I am thinking Greece or Ireland
  2. Travel to one city in the U.S. my husband and I have never been
  3. I want to get certified in something for my work, I don't have a preference at this time, just something that supports my career goals
  4. Go back to Costa Rica
  5. Spend more time with the people I love
  6. Make more time for girl's nights with my gal pals
  7. Dedicate myself to working out 
  8. Make new friends
  9. Say yes more to new things
  10. Blog more
I don't know why I felt the need to share this today, but I did.  So this is my vow to self.  Let's see how I do.


No comments: